Wednesday 30 May 2012

Final Portfolio

I have finally settled on a design for my portfolio. At this moment in time it contains purely imagery from the previous module, something I will address at the end of the Final Major Project. It is the portfolio layout that got me a two week placement at Hallmark through the 'Creative Milkround' event organsied by the college though. So it can't be too bad.

With the portfolio I have tried to combine a few different projects to communicate the different elements of design that interest me. The first section of the portfolio has image shots of several packaging briefs I have worked on. I think the images show my crafting skills, as well as my fondness for illustration and colour combination. It also communicates how I am willing to work with different materials and my fondness for vectorised artwork.

The second part of the portfolio features a few stand alone poster designs I have worked on. I think it's important to include these as it shows I like to work with simple, flat compositions as well as the more complex packaging items. However, the most important thing about the last section is that it reinforces the idea that I like to work with popular culture, and reference things such as films and television quite frequently.


No comments:

Post a Comment