Wednesday 30 May 2012

Final Business Cards

Below is a screen shot of the business cards I was using during the second year of the course. I remember desiging them and feeling a little disappointed. I hadn't quite achieved what I had wanted to. I liked the colur choice, and was happy with amount of negative space used, after all a business card can never be too simple. But there was just something missing, and the text layout was WAY off.


When designing my business cards for the third year I wanted to do a few things differently. Firstly I wanted to change the format, and go with portrait rather than landscape. Other reasoning behind this was the shape of my logo, and flipping the composition would allow for a slightly bigger version. I also wanted to reduce the amount of information on display, and use a typeface that was much less decorative and purely functional. I took the primary colour approach I had settled on for the logo to create three different variation of the card. The flip books below show what my final business cards look like. I think I am pleased with them... it's always hard to say. Even if I was head over heels in love with what I had designed, I will probably hate it in a few months. Ehhh, you can't win.


No comments:

Post a Comment