Thursday 13 January 2011

Dedass, Sheffield

Dedass are 'a creative agency dedicated to expanding traditional notions of art, communication, and function'. They combine design and illustration and regularly combine the two aspects to form the most interesting of design outcomes. The website for the agency itself is slightly confusing and I found myself overwhelmed by the amount of work on display. However it wasn't all bad because I liked what I was seeing. All the work can be separated in into the following categories: illustration, print, branding, art and product. The one aspect of the agency that drew me in further was their work within TV promotion. Dedass have been responsible for creating material promoting two of the best programmes around; Dexter and True Blood, to UK viewers. This is perhaps because they have ties to the channel FX, which broadcasts so many other groundbreaking shows it makes me think there could be plenty of more opportunities in the future. Below are images of this work.

Dexter: Promotion for the fourth season on FX. DED produced a family and friends photo album, fitting within the theme of Dexter becoming a dad.
  


True Blood: Promotion for third season on FX. A press pack was created and full of interesting Louisiana inspired art.



However, the best thing about this particular agency is that they clearly state in the 'about' section of the website that they 'do do work placements'. The first step is sending an email containing my portfolio to iwanttowork@dedass.com, I imagine after this is done the agency will decide if they like what they see or not and my future is in their hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment