Friday 23 March 2012

Early Logo Idea

Today I figured I would start working on a log design for myself. I already have a visual style that is applied to my website, I just felt it was a little stale and time for something new. It was incredibly hard to start, I just didn't know what to begin with.

I knew the branding had to represent me in the most obvious way. The logo itself had to be simple enough to process upon first glance, but complicated enough to attract multiple viewings. I thought about the basic elements of my design practice and came to the conclusion that vector illustrations and bold colours are at the heart of it. I pride myself on everything I create and will not submit a composition until I am completely satisfied with it. My logo would be no different.

I started with a bunch of random shapes and colours until I settled on the primary colours and the 3D composition you see below. I am pleased with the design so far, but there may be a little too much going on. I may have to tone it down a bit. After all it is going to be applied to a range of stationery and the detail may get lost when the scale is decreased.

No comments:

Post a Comment